- Last Updated on 26 March 2014
- Launching of Air Visitors Survey 2013 Report
- Kiribati National Tourism Officer prepares for South Pacific Tourism Exchange
- Training on Tour Guiding, Customer Service, Tourism & Hospitality, Record Keeping and DBK's Loan Portfolio for North Tarawa 16th to 20th Dec, 2013
- Training on Tourism Hospitality 17th to 26th Feb, 2014
- Tarawa Teinainano Urban Council approves Mauri Mark Accommodation for accommodation sector on South Tarawa
- Last Updated on 28 February 2013
|World Class Fishing||Cultural Experiences||World War II Relics|
Kiribati has world class fishing - you can stay onshore and chase a mighty fighting bone fish, and do some saltwater flyfishing...or head offshore to have a crack at world record game fishing ...more
|Kiribati is an isolated nation, the result of which is a relatively untouched culture. Come and meet the locals, immerse yourself in an uncommodified, friendly culture and learn a different way of life ...more||
The Islands of Kiribati were the scene of a number of the bloodiest battles that were fought in World War II. Over sixty years on and much of the evidence of these battles still remains ...more
- Last Updated on 08 October 2013
Mauri ....this is Hello and Welcome in Kiribati
Kiribati is for travellers - those who have a passion for exploring and discovering, people who like an adventure off the tourist trail to places where few have been before, and people who want to understand a country - not just see it. Kiribati will challenge your view of how life should be and show you a less complicated way of living where family and community come first.
Situated in the equatorial pacific, in the east Kiribati offers world class fishing (both game and bone fishing) from Kiritimati Island. In the west is the Gilbert Group of islands, which offer amazing and unique cultural experiences. The country's capital of Tarawa has historic sites and artefacts where one of the bloodiest battles of World War II , the Battle of Tarawa.
If you are visiting as part of your work, we would encourage you to explore Kiribati to experience these delights - South Tarawa should not be the only Atoll you visit when you have 33 to choose from, even the nearby North Tarawa offers a very different perspective!