- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 22:17
Kiribati has 3 International gateways. These are located on Tarawa, Kiritimati and Kanton Islands.Kiritimati (Christmas) Island
- Nadi (Fiji) to Kiritimati (Christmas) Island departsTuesdays at 11.59pm and arrives at Kiritimati (Christmas) at 6.35am on Wednesday, giving you a full day of fishing.
- Flights return to Nadi the following Wednesday, departing Kiritimati (Christmas) at 4pm and arriving Nadi at 6.40pm the same day.
The flight schedule from Honolulu:
- Departs from Honolulu at 11.59am on Tuesdays, arriving on Kiritimati (Christmas) at 3pm on Wednesday.
- The return flight departs at 7.35am on a Wednesday and arrives back in Honolulu at 10.35 on aTuesday.
Please be mindful of crossing the international datelines on all flights that depart from Honolulu and the impact this will have on your connections.
Bookings can be made through www.airpacific.com or your travel agent.
Tarawa is serviced twice out of Fiji by Air Pacific. Flights depart from Nadi on Mondays and Thursdays and take 3 hours. Air Pacific codes shares with Qantas and Cathay Pacific with connection availabe from Australia, New Zealand, United States and now from Europe through Hong Kong. For more information on flights and scheduling contact Air Pacific at www.airpacific.com.
Our Airline is now offering new flights between Brisbane, Honiara, Nauru and Tarawa . The airline operates a return service from these destinations arriving in Tarawa on a Monday morning and then departing back to Brisbane on Wednesdays at noon time
If you are yachting or cruising around the pacific, why not adventure into the untouched Phoenix Island Protection Area, a safe haven from cyclones? Download our factsheet for Yachting and Cruising!
For information on getting around Kiribati (once you get here)...click here